The Association for the Conservation of Biological Diversity (ACDB) starts a new project this month, dedicated to the active involvement of citizens in environmental issues in Romania, in general and protected natural areas, in particular: Environmental activism for REAL protected natural areas.
In this wonderful project, carried out over three years, we want to have you close and we aim to attract as many citizens as possible in educational activities, nature monitoring activities and civic activism. We consider it our moral obligation to long term maintain the existing natural heritage values in the region of Moldova and to contribute as much as possible in the fight to combat irreparable degradation of these natural values in protected natural areas.
Some of the activities of this project that we want you to participate in are:
– Establishment of a Volunteering Center in the field of monitoring biodiversity and climate change
– Development of a volunteering program to monitor protected areas and advocacy activities in the field of biodiversity conservation and climate change
– Organizing educational activities on environmental protection / climate change through experiential, innovative and creative methods
– Organizing a video material contest (vlogging) dedicated to young people, on the topic of climate change and environmental protection
– Educate citizens, especially young people, to carry out well-founded individual active citizenship actions in support of protected natural areas.
Environmental activism for REAL protected natural areas is an educational and civic activism project developed by ACDB in partnership with Propark, with the financial support of Active Citizens Fund – Romania, program funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway through the EEA Grants 2014-2021.
We work together for a green, competitive, and inclusive Europe.